CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm about to lose my mind

I'm about to lose my mind job. Well, I have a couple of days before that happens, but that is making me lose my mind. The hospital I work for is doing a "staff reduction." They are letting a lot of people go, and I have been here the least time in my department. Two of the people in our radiology department were let go yesterday, and they have been here longer than me. I am pretty sure they are only keeping me here because I'm working all weekend and they were afraid I'd call in if they told me yesterday, so they're waiting until Monday.

I guess that's what really makes me mad about the whole thing. Our new boss told me he wanted me to come in Monday morning at 9:30. To let me know what's going to be going on. So I have to arrange for a babysitter to come watch my son so they can "let me go," instead of him just having the decency to tell me yesterday. It's very frustrating.

I know several people that I graduated with who still do not have jobs in our field. The market is flooded with techs. I'm thankful for the time that I have had this job, and I'm glad that I have experience on my resume now, but that really isn't making me feel better at the moment. Luckily I am going back to school for my CT license next month, and it's only a semester so hopefully after I get my license in December or January I will be able to find a job...

But what am I going to do until then? Of course I'm going to file for unemployment, but I'm assuming that takes awhile. Plus I will feel like a bum. I have to keep Parker in school, if I don't he will lose his place and he does so well and loves it, I can't take him out of there. Not to mention he will have to go there when I go to clinicals. Luckily I only have to go 16 hours a week. That's 2 days a week paying for gas to drive to a work place in which I will not be getting paid. I thought I was done with that. Guess not.

I'm sorry this post is so negative, but it's where I'm at right now. I know it's not the end of the world, I know it will all work out in the end, but those phrases are really offering no comfort right now. The only thing offering comfort is this right here...

3 comments:

  1. I wish there was something that I could say to make you feel better. Just know that your friends are here for you to vent and will do our best to keep that beautiful smile on your face. Remember, this is temporary. It's just a small space in time that will eventually just be a memory. *hugs*

    Oh, and on Monday, when/if your boss lets you go....I would tell him exactly what you wrote here....that he should have had the decency to think of someone else rather than himself. He was only looking out for himself and the department for weekend coverage. You are a person and deserve the respect of not being used as a weekend placeholder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I can't say anything to make you feel better, but I wanted to say something. Big hugs. You will be ok. Good luck with school. Reach out a little with your awesome photography skills if you can. That may be a little money here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying that when you go in on Monday it is for your supervisor to tell you that they are keeping you because you do an awesome job (Which I know you do!). I'm staying positive for you and lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments...