CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Past Can Hurt

"Ohhh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it."-Rafiki

It's funny the lessons you learn by watching old Disney movies. Maybe you catch on as a child, maybe you don't. But watching these movies as an adult, now that I have a child of my own, brings a whole new meaning to these movies. I find myself crying at different parts than before, seeing humor in little things I had never noticed. Being a mom does not define who I am, but it most definitely had a part in who I have become.

When you think about it, what does it help to run from your past? Afterall, your past has brought you where you are today. If not for my past, I might not be in the profession I am in, I might not have such a great job. I might not have the friends I adore. I might not have my baby boy. So why run from something that ultimately gave you such great things...

Because sometimes I need want to forget. It's easier not to think about it. If you would've asked me 5 years ago where I would be in 5 years from now, would this be my answer? Ha. Not quite. But I'm happy. I'm actually really happy, so I can't forget and I can't run. I have to learn from the mistakes I've made, and create a better future for myself and Parker. I think I'm well on my way to doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments...