CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Big Boy Bed!

Last week I decided to convert Parker's crib into a toddler bed. He wasn't trying to climb out yet, but right now bed time is a good thing in his mind so I decided to go with it. Plus, I want to start potty training in the next few months and feel that would go better if he could get out of bed to go. I made a huge deal out of it, bought him a comforter set with dinosaurs (his favorite) and he loves it!





First night I told him it was time to go to bed, he grabbed his night-night and cup of milk and ran into his bed. He loves that he can get in and out of it himself. He didn't try to get out once and slept through the night his first night in a big boy bed!

I will say naps are a little bit of a different story. He definitely pushes his limits, getting out of bed and sneaking around playing in his room but when I tell him to get back in bed, he does. It takes about 3 times of him getting out before he falls asleep but that isn't too bad! I also bought a walk through baby gate to put at his door, and I love it. We have never used a baby gate before, but he is into EVERYTHING and I didn't want to worry about him sneaking out in our apartment in the middle of the night getting into who knows what.

I can not believe how big he is getting, I want to believe he is still my baby but he tries to prove me wrong on a daily basis. He learns new words constantly, and while they are still hard for the average person to understand I know exactly what he's saying. His news words are "Spongebob, Elmo, Night-Night, See-ya, Jared, and Inside." Since he has started his speech therapy he has improved significantly and I am so thankful for that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments...