CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lucky

Yesterday I got in a wreck. I was on my way to pick Parker up from school and got rear ended by a man in a big truck going about 50 mph. He threw my car so far forward that I hit a car that was several feet in front of me. I hadn't been in a wreck since I was 7 years old, so needless to say I was a little freaked out. Not to mention, he did about $5,000 of damage to my vehicle that I've only owned for 2 months... All I could think about was how thankful I am that Parker wasn't with me. How lucky, blessed, whatever you want to call it. My neck is sore today, but other than that I am not hurt. But what if Parker had been with me? He could have seriously been hurt by that kind of impact.

PLEASE, wherever you are driving, pay attention. If you are in the middle of town and the speed limit is 30 mph, don't go 50! There is nothing so important that you need to endanger the lives of other people and yourself... your children.

There are many blogs that I follow of people who have lost their children. I cannot imagine (nor would I want to) what kind of pain they face every day. Most of these people have lost their children from SIDS, and as yesterday was SIDS awareness day I wanted to pass along some tips to reduce SIDS. Kellie, from Another Day Stronger, lost her sweet baby girl, Maddie, to SIDS and shared these tips:

1. Back to sleep- NEVER place a baby in a crib on their stomach!

2.Use a firm sleep surface

3.
Keep soft objects and loose bedding out of the crib (blankets, stuffed animals ect..)

4. DO NOT USE BUMPERS (if you choose to do so..use breathable ones only!)

5.
Do not smoke during pregnancy - Do not let your infant be around smoke at all!

6.
A separate but proximate sleeping environment is recommended

7.
Consider offering a pacifier at nap time and bedtime

8.
Avoid overheating- Install a ceiling fan in the babies room. Put it on low.

9.
Encourage “tummy time” when the infant is awake and observed.

I pray for all of my blogger friends that have had to deal with the loss of a child, for whatever reason, and I know that each of them simply wish that they could prevent other people from living this horror. Here are a few of my friends that I follow if you wish to stop by and leave them some love...


Four Plus An Angel

The Broken  Road

Katie's Keepers

Holy Pee Stick, Batman

The Ramer Bunch

Once A Mother

My Life After Loss

Epic Fail

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments...