CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Productive Momma!!

I have had a very productive day, despite the horrible, rainy weather. Today we headed to Carbondale to Party City to buy all of Parker's 1st birthday party supplies. Wow is that stuff expensive!! But it is his very FIRST birthday so it's worth it!

We then proceded to the doctor's office for Parker's check up. He had 2 ear infections right in a row so she wanted to make sure it was gone for good, all was well and although she didn't do his official one year check-up she did say he was advanced for his age so that's always nice to hear. I decided to officially switch to Dr. Bleichner. It was a hard decision because Dr. Korte was Parker's doctor from the very beginning, she even came to the hospital to check on him and do a certain procedure LOL. However, she is sooo busy that we haven't seen her since Parker was 6 months old. We've seen Dr. Bleichner at least 5 times since then, so Parker has come to know her and love her, and I do too. So the best decision was to just make the switch, and I feel good about it.

Came home, did our evening routine, put Parker to bed. THEN I stuffed the pinata and filled all of the treat bags for Parker's party. Took awhile to do, but would've been impossible if Parker were awake and I like to be ahead on things anyways. So I think I'm going to reward myself with an early bedtime tonight =) Last night Parker slept through the night AGAIN, do I dare hope for such good luck tonight?? I sure hope so because we both need our rest, Parker has his one year photo session with Jessica Hollis Photography (check her out, I follow her blog) tomorrow, cake smash and all. I can't wait! It is very bittersweet, this will be his 4th and final session for his "Baby Plan" and I can't quite believe it... While searching for the appropriate words for his scrapbook I came across this poem that brought tears to my eyes, it is put so well.

Covered in cake and icing,
your smile stretched ear to ear.
A single candle celebrates,
the joy of your first year.

We sing Happy Birthday,
you play midst wrap and bows.
We marvel at how you touched our lives,
just one year ago.

I remember the first time I held you,
kissed your head, whispered your name.
you've changed our lives forever,
Our hearts will never be the same.

As a child you'll love this day,
for all the sweets and presents too.
As a mother I’ll love your day,
for the gift I got was you.

Each year we'll add another candle,
so proud to see you grow.
But always with the memory,
of your first day long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments...