CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

So I've Decided To Blog..

I can't believe I have actually decided to blog. It's something I've always wanted to do, but was never sure if I wanted all of my personal thoughts out there for the world to see. But it seems to help everyone else so I'm going to go for it. Will I share this with people I know? Probably, we will see how it goes.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Heather. I am 22 years old, and I am a single mother to a beautiful baby boy Parker who will be 1 year old on December 3rd. Where does time go? I have no clue. I am a Radiologic Technologist, I work at a hospital part-time. Put more simply, I take Xrays and CTs of people a few days a week. Hence, I can see right through you... literally. In my free time I do Photography. It is more of a passion than anything, I honestly LOVE to do it.

I have a wonderful family. I am very close to my parents, my brothers, my sister, not to mention my extended family. I have had a great life, I have nothing to complain about. Hah. Wouldn't it be great if having all those things meant that you had nothing complain about?

So Friends... I have friends of course. I still keep in touch with my friends from high school, but they are in very different places in their lives than I am (mainly, no children.) I am part of a "mommmy group," I have made some great friends there. A couple of them moved up north to Chicago land... that was difficult. I guess I've never really had a good friend move away, especially not one that had a child the same age as mine and a friend that we could just go over and hang out all day and talk. My other great friend from the group just started nursing school. I KNOW how hard it is to be in college for anything in the medical field. Not only do you have classes full time, you have clinicals on top of that. AND of course she also has a child the same age as mine. It's not easy at all, it takes up so much of your time. So my "friend time" has decreased significantly, from at least one day a week of hanging with our kiddos to once every few months... that's not easy at all.

Now for the happy things in life. My wonderful, loving baby boy!


Pretty cute, right? I know it sounds cliche' but he is the light of my life. As soon as I walk in the door he laughs and scrambles to get to me as fast as he can. I pick him up and he gives me hugs and kisses and the best smile you could ever imagine. He has been a good baby from Day 1. He has always been a little bit of a Momma's Boy but that's okay because I know one day I will be sooo "uncool" in his eyes. We are always on the go, and he loves it that way. If we do not go "bye-bye" at some point during the day he is at the door trying to open it and waving to me. He is a lot like me in that way, I have never been one to sit at home I love to go, go, go.

The hardest part of being a "Single Mom" (I hate that term by the way, but there is really no other way to say it) is not having someone there all the time to share in the joys. His first steps, I was so excited to see, I was standing there cheering and laughing with him... but it was just me and him. How many other moments will there be like that? Will he notice as he gets older that he only has one "cheerleader" while everyone else has two? Of COURSE he has his grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. but it's obviously not the same. Parker's dad has relocated to North Dakota. I would never say anything negative about him, that would be childish and only hurt my son. But I can't help but wonder what he will feel about that as he gets old enough to realize...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments...