CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy's Day

I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude when it comes to Mother's Day. I have a wonderful Mom who has always been there for me. We have always gotten along, even when I was a teenager, we have always been friends. I'm sure it's hard to be a mom and a friend, but she pulled it off. If I can be half the mom that she is I'll be doing great..

I also have a wonderful son that I get to be a mommy to. Being a mommy might be a job, but it sure is the funnest job I've ever done. I've been able to watch him grow from a little 6 pound baby to my big 27 pound toddler. I've got to watch him learn how to do so many things, from holding his head up to climbing up a flight of stairs. Being a Mommy is truly the greatest thing ever.

Today I am working until 3:30, but when I get off I am going home to celebrate with my mommy and my baby! We are going to a friend's house for a cookout, I'm sure more great times are to be had. I just hope I never forget how grateful I am to be a mommy, as well as to still have my mommy in my life.

For all of you mom's out there who have lost your children, or mother... my heart breaks for you. I know so many of you who have and it's not fair. =( I only wish you will have some comfort knowing your loved ones are looking down on you and celebrating the person you have become, and waiting for the day when you will meet again.



1 comment:

I LOVE Comments...