CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

FOUR hours later... Parker's new kitchen

Parker's kitchen came in the mail the other day, and I was wondering when I was going to have time to put it together... I couldn't do it while he was awake of course, and I work everyday this week including Christmas Eve, so I decided to do it last night... I started at 8:30, this is what it looked like when I layed out all the pieces from the 50 pound box lol


FOUR hours later, I get this:


Quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself! As you can see in the picture I still have 3 or 4 little doors to put on it, but I got all the hard parts over with. The funny thing was, it being solid wood and all put together is HEAVY and awkward to move, so I had to wait to have my mom help me move it this morning before Parker woke up to see it. I can't wait to see his face Christmas morning when he sees it for the first time! It will make it worth having to stay up til 1AM and then have to be at work at 7AM!

I have to show this picture of my little angel sleeping in his highchair! He never does this so I was really surprised when I looked over and seen him fast asleep. He slept for about an hour, during which time I was able to shower, get ready for bed, and even dry my hair! Quite a good break I must say...


In other news, Jared came over Sunday night just to hang with me and Parker. It was so nice, because obviously if end up dating or whatever, the dinner & movie night thing won't happen very much, so I needed to see how he would do just sitting at home playing. He passed. LOL. We had a lot of fun and Parker was LOVING all of the attention. He was even super sad when Jared left, he was whining at the door wanting him to come back it was so sweet.

I am SO ready for Christmas to be here! My sister Kathy and BIL Andrew are going to be staying with Parker and I, so it is going to be even more fun this year! We have 2 Christmases to go to on Christmas Eve, then my immediate family is coming to my apartment for our Christmas morning, then later that day we will be going to my grandpa's house for the WHOLE family Christmas. It is crazy and hectic but I love it, and I definitely wouldn't have it any other way. I have always loved Christmas, not for the gifts; but for the family, the happiness, and the hope for greater things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments...